Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Slight Delay


Well the blood work that was required before I could start the protocol revealed that I have hyperthyroidism that needs to be resolved first. I am a little bothered by the fact that this is a fairly common condition amongst MS patients, yet, was not something that was included my regular blood work. So, I'm not really certain how long this has been the case, and many of the symptoms are very similar to those experienced with MS. The earliest available appointment with the endocrinologist was April 5th, so that's the first delay. Even after seeing the doctor, I'm not sure how long will it take for the proper medication to be prescribed and correct my thyroid condition. Michael expects it to be about 3 months after seeing the doctor. I'm hoping it will be earlier as I'm still excited and hopeful about the protocol.

In the meantime I finally received my vitamin D3, and have been told that daily taking 10k units would be safe. So I have started that and patiently waiting to see the endocrinologist.

No comments:

Post a Comment